Thursday, February 26, 2009

house of sicklings

Danny is slowly getting over his nasty cold. He's had it nearly 2 weeks now. Melanie have managed to escape the worst of it. She got a small cough after being with the "big kids" all day. Now I think she has a bacterial infection in her eye. I didn't run to the doctor right away, but I figured it's better for her to see him considering her age. We have an appointment for 9 tomorrow. I'm guessing that she'll probably get antibiotic eye drops. We're taking good care of them for today though.

UPDATE: The doctor says she doesn't have pink eye. Her nose is stuffy way up inside and he says the gunk in her eye is likely the stuff from her nose working it's way out. Ew! She has saline drops for her nose to help clear her up. She'll be getting a little Tylenol too.

4 comments:

  1. Don't make come over thier and get our granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to read up on this as I never had experience with this in babies. Good idea to get it corrected right away. Also have the cough checked at the same time.
    Always better to get things before they progress to far.

    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, take advantage of the health care available, that's what it's there for. Glad to hear it wasn't anythig majorly serious. Give her a hug from her Grandma Tracy, okay?

    XXOOX

    Mom/Tracy/Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had Pink Eye was I was in grade school, can't remember much except then you had to stay in dark room, glad she didn't have it! Makes me wonder if doctors and parents worked together, everything we caught during the 40's they said we had to stay in a dark room, guess it was a good thing we didn't have TV then.
    Grandpa talked me into saline spray, the first time I used it it went down my throat and the second time it ran back out down my face. It was kind of a Ew! also.
    I will sympathize with Melanie.

    Grandma

    ReplyDelete