Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Health Update

I've been going through a lot of stuff trying to renew my overseas screening. I know I'm already overseas, but the Navy is requiring that I do everything all over again because Danny extended. Dumb, but what can I do? Yesterday I had a quick screening at dental. There wasn't much they could do because I can't have x-rays, but I gave them the old ones from my last screening. He signed off on it and had me schedule a cleaning for next week. Woohoo.
I went into the clinic this morning and got my PPD skin test done. I go back in on Friday to have it read and to have the doctor sign off on my medical portion. Tuesday I'll turn all the paperwork in and I should be done.
So Tuesday I have a dentist appointment at 1 and an appointment with my midwife at 2:20. I'm starting to think I should just live at the hospital.
When I was down there yesterday I got a tour of Labor and Delivery. A nurse showed me the rooms and answered some of my questions. All in all, the facility is pretty nice. Just like you'd expect a maternity ward to be. Curiosity got the better of me so I had to see what to expect. I'd say the best part is that the babies stay in the room with mom, instead of in an actual nursery.

So, as far as my health goes... I am doing well. I'm gaining a few pounds, but pregnancy is starting to take its toll. I walk like a pregnant woman because my back muscles hurt (called PGP) and I get uncomfortable sitting still for more than a few minutes no matter what position I'm sitting in. Night time is completely unbearable. Its hard to sleep because I wake up every time I move from pain. Plus sometimes I have to get up at 3 am to use the bathroom. Not much else to say... I'm never full. Its unbelievable how much I can eat; sometimes two of every meal. As far as the rest of me goes, I'll spare you the details!

3 comments:

  1. Let's see, add bad knees, really bad shortness of breath, way overweight, loss of hearing and bad eyesight, and you have the makings of your 71 year old Grandma! Now you know why I don't like to go to the mall. In a few months you too will be overweight and have bad knees...you will wish for bad hearing :)

    I know you like exercising as much as I do, but if you can get into a low impact group it will help you feel better and stronger, may also help back pain.

    The bladder thing will just get worse and may never be the same, jumping jacks may be a thing of the past.

    Glad you got to check out the hospital. Having the babies in the room is good for both mother and baby, besides it means the nurse can do other things beside carrying babies back and forth.

    This is really a good time to get your teeth taken care of while you can still get into the chair.

    Keep going, sounds like you are doing really good.

    Love Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danny,
    You are really missing out on all this FUN!

    Just wait you'll catch heck.

    Glad to hear things are going normal.

    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl, you only THINK you live at the hospital. Just wait, the closer you get, the more time you'll spend there. You'll be on a first name basis with the corpmen before you know it. I agree with your grandmother. I don't know if there are any pools near you or not, but water aerobics are great for pregnant women. You get some exercise, good for you and baby both, the water supports your tummy, so there's less strain there.

    I had the option with both Danny & Drew of having them in room with me, and there's two schools of thought on that. It's great for the bonding experience, but occasionally asking the nurse to take them so you can get some serious sleep isn't bad either. That won't be an option once you get home. Just a thought.

    I'm still waiting for baby bump pictures! Love all THREE of you! XXOOX Mom/Tracy

    ReplyDelete