Saturday, July 26, 2008

It's been a whole month?!

Okay, so I know it has been a while since I updated. Most everybody who reads this saw me while I was in the states, so I just didn't write anything. The longer I don't update, the more I dread it.
I've been home since Wednesday night (my time) and not doing a whole lot around here. Today is the first day I didn't leave the house, but it's so hot outside I don't want to. Didn't even check the mail.
Right now my brain is gearing up for the final stretch. I am getting the nursery decorated and figuring out what I have left to do. The car seat arrived on the 17th and is sitting in the living room waiting for Danny to get home and install it. I am perfectly capable of doing it (it isn't as heavy as I thought it would be), but he wants me to let him.
Everything pregnancy related is going perfectly normal. I am excited for my appointment on Wednesday. I know I have no reason to worry, but I have to think a little about the fact that Danny won't be home for another month and I'm due in 6 weeks. If I went into labor, I have no idea what I'd do.
Anyway, I'm sure everyone will worry about me being here alone, so I'll try to update as much as possible. My neighbors are in DC, but their friend is staying in the house so there is someone around if I need anything.

4 comments:

  1. Hurry up and sign up for the birthing classes. I'm sure you will learn from them. i just wish Danny could be there to help you do the exercises. I don't think Mocha can help you breath right, but the mental picture of her doing it, is still worth a laugh.

    How is your list coming along?

    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make sure you have some emergency numbers written down and handy, just in case. I sure wish I could be there with you, darn it!

    The premie baby clothes, along with as much else I could pack in there are boxed and ready to be shipped. Maybe Monday? Regardless, the box should be there well before you need it!

    It was great seeing you again, and your little baby bump. Hang in there, and if there's ANYTHING we can do from our end, please let us know, okay? Love and miss you!
    XXOOX Mom & Dad/Dan & Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I signed up for the labor class. I will be taking it on Aug 4th. It would be nice if Danny could be there, but I'm not sure he would be much help. :)
    And, what list?
    I will be preparing my emergency numbers and packing my hospital bag. It has been so hard to prepare for those things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The list you said you had at home with all the smaller things you will need like receiving blankets etc. I'm waiting to see what you have.

    I suspect Danny would be very good at giving orders on breathing etc. during birth........until you get your hands around his neck : )

    I am also getting a box together of stuff to be sent.I would like to mail this week also. I got you a tube bird feeder so you can feed the Pigeons.

    Try not to stress out about getting ready.....but it sure would have been nice if you had taught Mocha to dial a phone.

    Love Grandma

    ReplyDelete