Monday, March 09, 2009

Not much going on here. That's part of the reason I don't update so often. Melanie is much better. Her temp is back to normal. She still coughs occasionally and has quite a runny nose, but neither are that bad.
Since she got too heavy for her swing, I started putting her in her bassinet, which worked really well until I realized that she had passed the weight limit for that too. It wasn't that big of a deal, but I figured it's better to be safe than sorry. Now she sleep in her pack and play since we are STILL waiting for her crib. I'll be calling them tomorrow morning to get more info. I'd been calling them and was supposed to call back, but just hadn't gotten the chance. Hopefully I'll get some answers soon.
She is working on sitting up. She is a very excitable baby so always wants to straighten her legs, which makes her fall over. She is working on rolling from her back to stomach too. Still have a lot of work to do, but it won't be too much longer I'm sure.
The eating is going great. I'm just about ready to move her up to second foods. Probably just a few more weeks. I've been mixing it with milk, but I'll stop doing that soon.
Not much else going on. Danny is getting better. The doc said his tonsils were swollen so he got some more meds. He hasn't complained too much, so I have to assume he's feeling better.
I am sore because Danny gave me a "mommy day". So I went to the gym. I haven't done that in a year (since I started getting morning sickness) so my body was not prepared! The stairs in our house are a pain.
I've started teaching more. I am up to 4 students now and hopefully more soon. Melanie is usually pretty well behaved, but I hope it will get easier as she gets older.
That's all for now. I am trying to get Melanie to take a nap and she's crying so I have to calm her again. Hopefully it won't be too long before I update again.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. I check your blog every day, just in case. Even moreso, I enjoy our 'skype' visits and getting to actually see and hear Baby Girl. You're such a great looking family.

    Take your Motrin for the aches and pains. I need to start working out again too. Eh, maybe over spring break? LOL

    Love and miss you all!

    XXOOX

    Mom/Grandma/Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on the crib, and you were worried about putting it together by yourself ........before Melanie was born!

    Yes Skype is wonderful, to really SEE Melanie in action.

    Don't over do the excercise, sounds like you were doing to much to quick.

    Glad Danny is better, not good about Tonsils, hope they don't start giving him a problem.

    I too watch the blog every day, and report to your Dad. He reads but doesn't always get time to answer. I guess another part of a Mother's job!

    Hugs,
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete