Thursday, March 05, 2009

Still sick

Melanie was getting better before it hit her again. She started coughing and last night she had a fever of 101. I've been giving her Tylenol and keeping up on her temp. I talked to a nurse in the ER last night and she said to bring her in if she showed signs of dehydration: no tears, less wet diapers and refusing to nurse. So far so good, but if her temp gets too high I'm taking her in regardless. This morning it was only 100. Either way, they won't give her meds so the cold just has to run it's course.
Danny is getting better slowly, but I've had a bit of a sore throat today. I hope I don't come down with it.

2 comments:

  1. It's an international cold, I woke up with it yesterday. I'm going to try and make it through the week and have some serious downtime over the weekend.

    Glad to hear you're able to keep Melanie's fever down. is she just miserable? A miserable baby makes for a miserable mommy. Yes, don't play with a fever. As long as it takes you to get to the base, I'm so glad you're not waiting until the last minute.

    Hope you're ALL feeling better soon. 'Tis the season and all that, I guess.

    Love and miss all of you!

    XXOOX

    Mom/Grandma/Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear that Melanie is ill again. Yes , like Tracy says don't mess around with a high fever. Know what to do it you have to, to get it down.
    Hate to say it, but it sounds like you are next, to bad as the last one ( usually Momma) never gets any sympathy. Gargle and take lots of vitamin C. Anything to build up your immunity. Hard to think about yourself when you have a sick baby, but she needs you well.

    Take care and keep us posted,
    Love and hugs to all,
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete