Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Long needed update

I know there hasn't been an update in a while. Sorry. Never realized how demanding motherhood is- physically and mentally.
Melanie is 3 months and one week now so we're (I'm) trying to establish important routines. For the last three nights she has been sleeping in the bassinet in the pack and play. I want to make the transition easier when her crib arrives. She had been sleeping in the seat of the sweetpeace swing. The nice thing about the bassinet is that I can rock it forward and back. She awoke about 20 minutes ago and I gave her the paci and rocked her until she fell asleep. It was nice that I didn't even have to wake her up.
She has been rolling over consistently. I did get the very first on video, but I have to wait until Danny gets it onto his computer. It is going to be quite while until she can roll from back to stomach, but she is really good at getting on her side.
Her favorite new thing is crying when I leave the room. Sometimes I lay her on the floor and go into the kitchen to get something to eat and she gets quite fussy. It seems so early for her to develop this, but I am hoping it doesn't last too long. I think as long as she has someone paying attention to her she is okay. Doesn't HAVE to be me.
Lastly, we went to Kamakura on Sunday because Danny hadn't seen the big Buddha there. I posted pictures in photobucket. It is public.
Kamakura Dec 2008

4 comments:

  1. Sounds as if Baby Girl is right on track developmentally. Not that I'm surprised. She's a genius, I'm sure she'll be creating new theories of the universe by her first b-day! LOL

    Dan & I found some homeopathic teething tablets yesterday for Melanie. That's not far away and then you'll really have a good time with her crying! The tablets are the same brand as what we used with both the boys and it was almost magical how well they worked. I'll be mailing out the box with them, a Dolphin calendar and a trumpet mouthpiece for Danny. Anything else you need/want before I ship it off?

    Love and miss you all SO much! XXOOX

    G/G; M/D; D/T

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you were in the other room and singing or talking could she hear you? Do you have the TV on or anything to keep her interest while you leave? Let's face it she hasn't been alone and doesn't like it when she is. Don't expect this to change for a long time, as soon as she can you may be able to put her in a high chair where she can see you while you work and that helps, until them just go with the flow.
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry 1st Christmas Melanie !


    Love

    Grandpa Larry
    and
    Grandma Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Grandma also wishes Melanie a wonderful 1st Christmas.....I can hardly wait for next year!!

    "LET THE GAMES BEGIN"

    Also best wishes for Melanie's Mom and Dad.....who from now on will always be seen this way.

    Love to you all (including Mocha)

    Grandma and Grandpa

    ReplyDelete