Saturday, November 22, 2008

Melanie's 2-month appointment

Sorry it took so long to post this. Melanie had her two month appointment on Thursday. She got three immunizations. I almost cried when they stuck the needles in her legs. She screamed. She is now at 9lbs 7oz and 22in. She is still at the low end for other girls her age, but I don't have a problem with that.
I didn't like the pediatrician so much, but thats what you get with military health care!
I had my appointment the same day, so I'm taken care of now to avoid having another little Melanie too soon!
Hope everyone has a good weekend.

2 comments:

  1. When Gary was little and had allergy shots the nurse found the finest needles she could locate. He was so thin and tiny, and yes it breaks your heart to hear them cry, you never get use to it. I read somewhere that people that hate needles can have the freeze stuff put on their skin so it doesn't hurt. That is what they do to my knee, it still kind of hurts but not if I can relax. Wonder why they can't come up with something for babies and children so it doesn't make afraid of needles.
    Glad to hear she is growing and gaining weight. I'm sure she will take off one of these days and outgrow all the clothes we all bought her!

    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was one of the hardest parts of being a mommy. Did they make you hold her while getting her shots? I always worried that the boys would connect me with the pain they felt. While it's hard, at least you know she'll stay healthy and continue packing on those pounds!

    Thank you for the update, I've been wondering how you were all doing. Glad to hear you'll be able being a mommy to just one for awhile longer! ;-)

    ReplyDelete