Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Mrs. Lougheed

I'm not sure that many people who read my blog know Marni Lougheed. She was my third grade teacher from Silverdale Elementary. Recently she attended my wedding and I sent her Melanie's birth announcement just a few weeks ago. I received an email from my grandmother this morning telling me that she lost her battle with cancer. She was diagnosed 20 years ago. My prayers go to her family.
Thank you for being such a great teacher and person Marni. You will be missed.

4 comments:

  1. Marnie was a wonderful teacher, always caring about children. A joy to be around and always sewing some new craft project. Even with all her health problems she always had a smile and a "how are you doing" and never a complaint. She was very fond of Lori and always asked how she was doing. Yes, she will be missed, the world could use more like Marnie Lougheed.

    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have known Marnie for years and she was a very caring person and loved teacher.

    Lori she always asked about you and was very proud to have you as one of her students.

    She will be missed by many people but never forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about your former teacher's death. It's always hard to lose someone we care about. She'll be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear it. :(
    Her family and friends... and especially Lori, are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete