Saturday, April 04, 2009

Melanie's first job

So, I'll try to make this long story as short as possible since I don't have much time to write.
Earlier this week I got an email about a studio that was looking for 50 babies to film for a new television show. They said ages 6 to 18 months so I sent in Melanie's information. The man at the modeling agency called me and said he'd call me with more info if she got the job. Well, I never heard anything.
Thursday night I got a call from him asking if she was still available. I said of course! We left the house at 7am to head to a little town outside Machida where the studio is located. (I believe it is W of Tokyo) Everything got moving at about 9am and Melanie got to do her filming around noon. They split us up into four groups and only one group was up at a time with one of the actors from the show. Melanie just sat there and pulled the actresses hair when she lied down next to her. I watched away from the filming on a screen. OMG, that was one happy momma. I had so much pride for her; she was such a cute little girl! To make it better, there were some other people standing there pointing her out of the group and talking about how cute she was!
The second time she was up for filming she was in the "happy baby" group. I got to stand next to the stage and try to keep her happy. She kinda watched me and smiled, but I think she wondered what in the world was going on.
It's going to be on television in two weeks. I WILL be getting it on dvd.

5 comments:

  1. OMG, I can't WAIT to see it! While I always knew she had the making of a star, it's nice to have that feeling validated! LOL

    What fun, what an amazingly proud moment that must have been. Where the other actors Japanese? Were they speaking English or Japanese? Maybe Melanie will be bilingual by the time you guys leave. ;-)

    XXOOX

    Mom/Tracy/Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. The actors were Japanese, but they didn't speak during filming. It was only music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad Melanie got to do this, now everyone but Mocha has done a shot on television.

    She is so tiny and delicate looking, people think she is a doll, we just know she is!

    Now you know how goofy we all felt every time you did something on stage (or behind it). And you probably thought we were all a bunch of idiots. : )

    Congratulations to Melanie,.......and the Oscar goes too.......our little star.

    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so awesome! I always thought it would be nice to have a keepsake like that for Aidan and Gwen, so they could watch it years from now. How special. :) Congratulations to your little starlet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool! She's such a doll, can you blame people for thinking she's adorable?

    ReplyDelete