Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Dealing with a fever

Melanie still has it today. I haven't checked her in a few hours, but the temp has been between 99 and 100. It's an improvement from yesterday.
Early this morning, the pediatricians office called and asked when we'd like to schedule our follow-up. They got her in at 1030 so we made ANOTHER trip down there. Have I mentioned that I hate doing that 'cause its so far? Anyway, they couldn't find anything wrong with her, so the consensus is that she is at the beginning of a cold. I just have to keep an eye out for other symptoms. She is well medicated and well loved.
Anyone know some good tips to help an 11-month-old feel better besides using medication? There is only so much it can do. She is obviously still not feeling well.

1 comment:

  1. You're a good mom to make TWO trips down there. I'd keep giving her the Tylenol, maybe a tepid, (not cold) baths and just love her. Which I know you're doing. It could be the beginning of a cold, more teeth trying to pop through, a lot of things. Just watch for signs of ear infection. It'll probably be an uncomfortable next few days for both of you! :(

    ReplyDelete