Sunday, August 09, 2009

The swing of things

We are ready to start another week. I am tired and so is Melanie. She went down pretty fast.
I don't know if I'm fighting off a cold, but my lymph node near my ear has been swollen. It's a little uncomfortable, but I'm doing okay.
Melanie seems to be close to walking. She is getting pretty brave about letting go. Today she moved from the bath tub to the toilet. No real walking involved, but quite a stretch. I hope she can hold out a few more weeks.

In case you heard on the news, we did have an earthquake. It wasn't very strong although it lasted forever. Melanie slept through it. Mocha and Kaemon looked at me like "what are you doing?!" I finally got up and went to the doorway, but mostly to be close to the stairs in case I need to get to Melanie quickly. All is good.
Oh, and I cooked myself an almost home cooked meal today. Kudos to me!

3 comments:

  1. What is an "almost home cooked meal"? 15 minutes or 30 minute meal? I have to give in once in awhile and fix grandpa meat and potatoes, but I hate it because if it's on the table I have to indulge, I have an addiction to food. You know me 15 minutes in the kitchen is long enough!

    Sounds like Melanie is not quite ready to let go and trust her legs, just as well, lots of bumped noses.

    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read hot moist towels or a heating pad will help the pain. No aspirin. What you are taking is probably fine. Interesting that it is a sign of (maybe) an infection in your body that the lymph nodes are taking care of, very interesting stuff. You probably should see the doctor just in case. : )

    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been putting a cold pack on it. When I don't, it swells up pretty fast.
    My "almost home-cooked meal" was marinated sweet and sour tilapia and 15 minute rice from the microwave.

    ReplyDelete