Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Yuck, wednesday

Blah. Its the middle of the week. Nothing going on. Danny has duty again, so here I am; alone.
Since there is nothing happening here now to write about, I thought I'd tell everyone about the last two weeks esp. when Ryen was here.
She came in on the 28th I believe. I told her I would meet her at baggage claim before I realized that it was before customs. I think she sat in there for a while before she realized that I couldn't get in there! :)
The train ride home was long and in the dark, so she couldn't see a whole lot, but things here can be bright and flashy at night so there were lots of signs for Pachinko parlors and whatnot. Anyway, it is quite different from the states. The next day we walked to the park near the house. It was a really clear day and the view of Mt. Fuji was great.
Well, I can't remember what we did minute-by-minute, day-by-day, but I tried to find lots of things for us to do. Danny had very few days off while she was here so we tried to do things he hadn't done before while he was available. We went to the Landmark at night, which was a beautiful view and tried to see the big Buddah in Kamakura, but didn't find it. We did visit a shrine though. I don't know if my pictures came out.
The rest of the time we went to Chinatown, a racetrack in Kawasaki, down to Yokosuka (Danny gave Ryen a tour of the ship), lunch in Yokohama, Tokyo- both the Akihabara (Electronics town) and Shibuya (the cool/hip part of Tokyo), and lots of other little places here and there. She got to ride the train a lot and even started learning the train route.
All in all, we had a great time. It was nice to get out of the house and see a few things I hadn't seen before. Of course it was sad to go back to my normal life, but its okay. I have Danny around a bit for now and even more so starting next week so I am pretty excited.
Well, that is my life...

5 comments:

  1. I imagine Ryen was even intriqued with the name of your road. This is good practice for when the rest of your guest start showing up later. You will know what to see and what to pass up.

    I love Wednesday......the day I am free to do what I want. HOORAY!!!

    Yes, you can't get to baggage in other countries, as you can in the States. However I don't know if this is true when you come into the States from another country, never tried that. Never meeting anyone.

    When do you start teaching?

    Gram

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to here you had a great time with Ryen.
    I'm with you "Yuck, Wednesday"
    Grandma can have them all !
    Wonder if she would trade a Monday for a Saturday.

    Well it's snowing here, we have about one inch, sure glad I no longer live in snowville.

    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grandma can have all the yucky wednesdays. They don't call it hump day for nothing. She can have mondays too, but that is her laundry day!
    I don't live on a schedule like that... yet. I do laundry when its dirty go grocery shopping when I have no food.
    Wish it would snow here. You guys really have been slammed. Maybe we'll get it later this month.
    PS I'll write more about my job later. Still waiting to hear from my boss...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wednesday is my low day of the week, too. But, I love Mondays... a high energy day, usually. I know. I'm weird. ;-D

    I enjoyed imagining your sightseeing trips with Ryen. Japan is very different... so many things seem upsidedown-and-backward from the way we do things. It's fun to be in another culture....makes us take a fresh look at our own.

    Hi, everyone.... good to meet with y'all here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just you wait until you are retired. I wash Monday so I know what day of the week it is. If I don't have a schedule the weeks fly by and I have no idea what weekday or even the date is, let alone what month!
    Wednesday is the day I have nothing special to do.
    Like Eloise I use to love Monday.......Husband went to work, kids went to school, had the house all to myself again. Peace and quiet, no questions to answer, no lunch to fix,(right when I was in the middle of something important.) Now I look back and say.....those were the good old days!

    Gram

    ReplyDelete