Friday, November 16, 2007

End of our time in Newport

Well, its Thursday. We're getting ready to leave Newport. Finally!!
Its been an interesting experience. Every time I go downstairs to eat, some officer thinks that I am in the Navy. Just today I just had a guy ask me if I was here for legal. I don't know what it is, but its pretty funny.
Today I met an XO's wife who lived in Negishi. She is quite a character. She was excited to meet someone who lives in Japan. In fact, I think she is jealous.
I've got more to write, but I'll write more later.

2 comments:

  1. You must just instinctivly have that military bearing. Use it to your advantage, order people around.

    Have a safe trip across country, see you Saturday! XXOOX Mom/Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. People do fall in love with Japan. I remember being disappointed at having to leave, even though we were going to Hawaii to live.

    Prayers for a safe journey to Washington.

    ReplyDelete