Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Yuck

This cold (or flu?) just keeps getting worse. I'll spare you the details, but I haven't been able to keep anything down since Sunday night. I haven't tried eating anything yet this morning, but I am feeling better. Last night I slept in the chair because I didn't want to bother Danny. The poor guy did everything he could last night to try to help me feel better. He even went out and bought me pepto bismol, gatorade and mint chocolate chip ice cream. Needless to say, it may be a while before I can eat that ice cream.
He was feeling the same on Friday. I didn't realize how bad he felt until I got it myself yesterday. When he was sick and we went out for pizza! He didn't say a word. Wow, do I feel terrible.
On Sunday, when we were both feeling well, we drove out to Massachusetts to the Yankee Candle Factory. They actually just call it a flagship store. They sell all the same candles they offer at Hallmark or at their stores in the malls plus some other really nice stuff. They are decorated for Christmas, so it was fun. We bought the candles that people wanted and will hopefully be able to fit them in our bags. As always, we've gained a lot of stuff since we arrived. I went out on Saturday and bought a dress for the Navy ball at UW we're going to on the 17th. I'll be making a stop at the post office before we leave Newport to send our stuff that won't fit or is going straight back to Japan.
I am sure I'm forgetting some things, but I am still sleepy this morning at 10 am. Danny could hardly wake me up this morning when he left. After the chair, the bed was really comfortable even though I spent the whole day in the bed yesterday.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you're feeling so sick. Hopefully whatever it is will pass through your system and you'll be able to enjoy your visit to the Northeast a bit more.

    So you're going to the Navy ball the same day you get in? You guys are going to be humping it to make it on time, won't you? I'm sure, being young and energetic, you won't have a problem. Me? It would kill! ;-) XXOOX Mom/Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori,
    Hope your "Trip" on tuesday makes you feel better.
    Thank you for both of you calling and giving us a update.

    Love You

    ReplyDelete