Friday, March 14, 2008

Friday appointment

Everything went really well today. The drive to Yokosuka was long and I was really tired by the time I made it to the hospital. To make it worse, the midwife didn't come in until about 3:15 and my appointment was at 2:30.
When she came in, she had me lay down to measure my uterus, my fundal height to be exact. She said the measurement should be about the same as how far along I am. I measured 15 cm and I'm 14 weeks and 5 days. Even though I won't be showing for at least another 6 weeks, I am right on schedule and so is baby.
Then she listened for the heartbeat. It was there, but a little hard to hear so she did another ultrasound (never going to complain about that). The baby was kinda like a little Mexican jumping bean! He/she wouldn't lay still, but it was so cute to see the little arms and legs moving around. I have good pictures again to share. Danny's first comment was "wow, thats a big head!" Okay, not the exact quote, but close enough. Here they are.



I could see the chambers of the heart and the vertebrae in the spine. The baby wasn't being shy about keeping their legs together, but the midwife didn't say anything and I am not skilled enough to be able to say what it was or if it was clear enough to tell. Either way, I will schedule my big ultrasound appointment in radiology for 4 weeks from now. We're really excited.
Knowing the gender would be beneficial for this baby's crazy shopping mother! I went to the exchange after my appointment (and getting some food!) and bought some super cute things. I have pictures! This is the clothing I bought from the exchange today.
I have a soft spot for things with ducks on them. :) The other two are brown which I thought was a nice gender neutral color. Here are some toys I've collected.
Cute, cute, cute. Lastly, these are the clothes and things I bought at BabiesRUs about 2 weeks ago. I've been meaning to post them for a while.
The dog face you see is the hood of a towel. Amy has them for her twins and they're so cute. It even has little ears on top. There is also more duck stuff in there as you might have noticed.
Okay, I think that is everything. Are you babied out for today?

5 comments:

  1. So what did you think of the midwife? Other than that she was so late? I sure enjoyed the pictures of your little leprachaun baby! And what cute clothes, oh my! So much fun. Be sure to get lots and lots of sheets too. You'll be going through them like crazy. No matter how securly you diaper the little one, they seem to wet the entire bed during the night, especially after a few months. It's like they figure out how to do it!

    We'll be looking forward to pictures of your little belly here in a few weeks too! Little preggie Lori, too cute! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby will be the best dressed/equipped in Yokohama/Yokosuka by the time he/she gets here! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first tummy shot looks like an upside down puppy to me......are you sure Danny isn't working on that Husky dog he wanted : )

    I see also some bunny and bear plus a few puppy prints, where is the kitten in all this? It will be nice to have a color to work with though. What gets me is so many babies, boy or girl look better in blue.

    I know you are really having fun now buying little clothes. Hard to believe that those really little garment will probably be to big at the beginning.

    You must be feeling better, I sure hope so.

    Love Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I saw the little Irish hat and a pot-o-gold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey miss prego, I think your baby has graduated to a little person now not a turkey any longer, I am so excited for you girl. Can you let us know what Items we will be able to get to send over there say the playpen, or walker or swing? just let us know ok? We love you both and miss you two extremely. Byee love Cheryl.

    ReplyDelete