Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Shopping like crazy!!

No, not buying just having a lot of fun looking online. I've been looking at cribs, carseats and strollers. Its frustrating at times but still enjoyable. The internet give so much information about reviews and pricing. Now that I'm officially in the second trimester, I feel like its time to start getting serious. Of course, the most important is that I am starting to feel like this pregnancy is real and am excited about meeting little baby Kohlbeck in 6 months!
Here is the crib I'm looking at:
We want to get it in cherry. I have to order it soon because it will be sent from the states to Yokosuka, which may take a while! Then I have to wait for the NEX to deliver is to our house. Once I do more shopping I'll post pictures of what I'm looking at. If you're interested, I'm looking at Combi and MacLaren lightweight strollers.
Oh, sidenote. Sierra, my friend from Klahowya who is married and living at Yokota Air Force Base, had her baby boy on the 7th. After a few days of contractions, an epidural and putosin, William Isaac was born at 11:08 am at 7 lbs and 9.9 oz. We can't wait to see him. I've seen pictures and of course he is a cutie.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Sierra! Is this the first grandchild?

    I went to Toys R Us one day and was looking at cribs etc. A clerk, female, in her twenties, asked if i was looking for anything special. I said no, I was just wondering how parents now a days can even afford to have children. She laughed and said I don't know either! You have to have more than one just so the stuff pays for itself.

    Just make sure the crib is sturdy so when little whats-it starts jumping up and down and rocking the crib back and forth, it doesn't fall apart.

    Have fun looking, decisions! decisions! decisions!!

    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful crib! It's great that it'll grow with the baby too. You can keep the double headboard forever and you'll think of your child as an infant every time you look at it.

    Have fun shopping, it's so much fun! As soon as I can, I'll get to the Exchange and try to see the crib in person. Make sure it's good and sturdy, just like Linda suggested. If the baby's anything like the daddy, you'll be awakened every morning around, oh, 5:00 a.m.'ish by baby banging the crib against the wall and yelling, "HEY! HEY! HEY!" at the top of their little baby lungs. Danny was worth getting up for though, and I know the newest little Kohlbeck baby will be too!

    Love you all! XXOOX Mom/Tracy

    ReplyDelete