Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Strollers

I mentioned in the last post that I was also shopping for strollers. I still have a lot of shopping to do, but these are two of the many I've been looking at. These two just happened to be on the babycenter website so the pictures and information were easy to access. So, in case you're interested you can check it out.
The first one is the Combi Flex. I particularly like it because it has a snack tray with cup holder and trifolds which is really nice for traveling, especially on the train. The price is just under $200. They have other models that are cheaper too. I haven't been able to choose which one I like the best, but this one has great features.
You can read more about it here.




The second one is a MacLaren stroller, the Techno XLR (sounds like I'm shopping for cars!) I've decided this one is my favorite of the MacLaren strollers. I got to look at some other models at BabiesRUs here. The downside is that this one goes for about $350. The Combi is great because it is adjustable from birth to 55 lbs and the MacLaren goes up to 65 lbs. I figure by that point we'll be thinking about having another kid and I'll kick the older one out of the stroller and make 'em walk. I sound so mean. :) I know that more expensive doesn't always mean better, but I have to admit I want something that will last and I've heard mixed reviews about the Combi. Anyway, you can read more about the MacLaren here.

3 comments:

  1. I see good points about both. Does the different type of handle make any difference, have you tried the single handle type?

    Good adjustable seat , very important. Like you I also like the crumb tray and easy carry of the first one.

    Glad I don't have to decide. Shop around on line for better price. I suppose if you find one they don't ship overseas! Are you going to get a sling type carrier for the first few months?

    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a couple of things I vaguely, vaugely, remember from lo, those many years ago. Choose one that you can easily put away one handed while your baby's screaming, squiggling and trying desperately to embarrass you to within an inch of your life. And, a small, lightweight umbrella stroller is really handy too, for those short trips where you really don't want to haul around a huge one. I've not seen a baby yet that seemed unhappy in one, at least for a short amount of time.

    The one we bought Danny lasted not only through Drew as well, but we even passed it down to another family that was in need after Drew outgrew it. Getting one of quality is a really good idea! XXOOX Mom/Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I do plan on getting a sling carrier, but that it even harder to decide on. I feel like I'd have to try them on, and even then I may not choose the right one!
    Both of these strollers are lightweight and have a one handed fold. I read a story of a woman who accidentally folded her son into it! I absolutely don't want one of those big bulky ones, but nothing too flimsy because some Japanese person might trip over the stroller. lol

    ReplyDelete