Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Car Time

So I just wanted to let everyone know that Lori and I are finally getting a car. While the public transportation is great here, it's not always convenient. So anyway, we're getting a 1991 Nissan Skyline (yes, a Skyline). However, it's only a 4-banger and a 4 door, so it's not the sporty thing everyone always thinks about. Regardless, it's only $700 and it runs well and frankly that's all that Lori and I need. Anyway, I figured it was my turn to post so have a good one everybody!

3 comments:

  1. The Skyline is illegal in the states. It's known as a performance car, but it would never meet the EPA requirements over in the states. One of the Chiefs onboard (soon to be Chief Warrant Officer) is leaving soon and was selling it. I was able to get to it before anyone else though and there were a lot of interested people; including some of the other JO's. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good going! I guess the old "you snoozk,e you loose" applies in this case. Maybe now you can have Lori pick you up after work and you can go more places. Is it a stick shift?

    What does your gas cost over there? Our prices are coming down some, but not much. You should get really good gas milage with a 4 cyclinder, that's what the Civic was and when new (and without old lead foot behind the wheel) it got 40 MPG. I really loved the old thing.

    Will a couch ride on the roof? Maybe in the trunk and you can run along behind and hold it up. Similar to the mattress's in Bellingham.

    Gramdma Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know where the snoozk,e caame from, looks like a code to me!
    Gram

    ReplyDelete