Monday, October 09, 2006

Something new I discovered

So, I finally watched "Lost in Translation" tonight. The storyline is dumb, but it is so accurate to Japanese culture. It is funny to watch it and recognize so many things I have experianced myself. They are almost all little things like the sounds in the background (like the ravens, sirens or trains) or just recognizing places in Tokyo. If you haven't seen it, you should watch it. Ignore the story and just pay attention to the Japanese culture. It is hillarious for me and incredibly accurate. If you have watched it, you should again just to get a new perspective on Japan.
Since I am writing, just wanted to let everyone know that I am doing better than two weeks ago. Things don't go perfect all the time, but I have been trying to stay upbeat and busy. Danny is starting me on an exercise routine and I have been working on my garden, so I am happy. I think I am going to get brave tomorrow and explore by myself. There is SO much I want to see while I am here and am not going to sit around waiting for everyone else. Plus, I have more freedom to do what I want when I am alone.
In regards to my garden, my goal is to be voted first place yard while we're here. Danny and I are already talking about how we want to lay everything out. We should have a car soon, so I will be able to go to the Home Store (Japanese Home Depot or Lowes) and get some stuff. I am really excited and proud of it already. Most my plants were freebees from people who PSCed, but they're still plants. Even my potting soil was free!
I think there was one more thing I was gonna say, but I forgot. It will come to me later. Goodnight everyone.

1 comment:

  1. I must have missed something, what is "Lost in Translation"? I have never heard of it.

    Good idea with the garden, do some research about when the plants bloom so you have continued flower color. Also look for ones that multiply easily, saves lots of money. If you ever see the bulbs for the Japanese Spider plants, get some, they are suppose to spread also, and provide great fall color.

    Are you doing pot garden or soil garden? Pots are more expensive, but they can be moved, if you do, and also you can change the look as they die back, and get a whole new garden. Lay things out on paper, according to height and color, don't forget texture if you want to add some greens. Wish I could send Lavender seeds, I bet they would grow great over there.

    Gram

    ReplyDelete