Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Guess who is alone again...

Yup, thats right. Alone. Again. I am already counting down the days til I go to Hong Kong. I find great joy in looking forward to that. Other than that, there isn't much to look forward to. My search for a job has been unsuccessful. I don't have much to say. This last weekend Danny and I went to Tokyo and participated in a festival in Yokosuka called the Mikoshi parade. We carried the Mikoshi through the streets of downtown Yokosuka and onto the base. Traditionally in Japan, a mikoshi looks like a small shrine and is said to carry a divine spirit. The navy has its own mikoshi that has the names of all the commands associated with the base. The mikoshi carriers where a shirt called a hapi coat, a good luck necklace and a cloth wrapped around the head like a head band. I will post pictures.
In Tokyo, Danny and I went to Akihabara (a area dedicated to technology, very popular with the American men) and Ueno. The first was obviously Dannys thing, he had a goal and a purpose, and the second was to keep me happy. In Ueno we walked around the Ueno park, which was huge and really beautiful and had McDonalds before we came home. I had McDonalds here before, but it tasted better this time and I am still excited about getting tea with sweetener and lemon.
I have a few things to accomplish soon. I heard they are having a 75% off sale at the furniture depot, so I gotta go look at that, and a navy wife orientation class next week. I was suposed to visit Sierra in Yokota, but I don't think it is going to work out. Since my birthday is soon, Kana is going to come to the house after she gets off work and spend the night here. I am really excited.
Alright, I am going to post some pictures now. Enjoy. P.S. Ueno is pronounced "oo-way-no"










Pictures: 1- Convience store 2- Yokohama 3-Danny in Ueno park 4- me in Ueno park 5- Danny and I in Ueno park 6&7- more Ueno park 8&9- Ueno/ typical Tokyo scene 10- Danny at Mikoshi parade

1 comment:

  1. You’re never alone, just temporally not together.

    Yeh I know easy for me to say

    Love you

    ReplyDelete