Monday, October 30, 2006

All I want...

I am pathetic, I really am. My birthday is over, Kana went home, and all I can do is sit around thinking about how bored I am and how the only thing I wanna do is see Danny. I found out the other day that I am not going to be able to see him when I was hoping to, so I am pretty bummed about that. It is almost November and I am not going to have any family for Thanksgiving and I just a birthday without any family too.
Yes, some nice things happened. I met Kana at the Yokohama train station and we went to dinner. It was the best Chinese food I have ever had. Trust me, the stuff in the states is crap compared to this. She bought me a pretty pink rose from a flower shop I love and then came to the house. She bought toys for the cat and gave me a really awesome picture frame. We made pumpkin spice cake together and watched the new Curious George movie. Danny called me before I went to meet her and again today. Now all I can think about is how much I miss him and about how homesick I am getting.
It would be so easy for me to get home. I could catch the same flight I did on the way here out of Yokota which flies out once a week. I would be space A, which means I may not get on the flight if there are not enough seats available, but it would only cost me a little over $25. You really can't beat that. I just don't know what I should do. I have to wait for my cat to get fixed before I can even think about leaving. I have to take her in to the vet and then officially adopt her. Then I have to watch her to make sure she is healing okay. By then it will be at least the middle of November. I am not sure if there would be less of a possibility of empty seats on the plane. Anyone taking official leave for thanksgiving would have priority over me. Anyone who really needs to get home at a certain time is more likely to take a civilian flight out of Narita. Sorry for rambling, I just need some input. I am really lonely over here and I just don't know what to do. I am making friends, but it is just not the same. It is exhausting to hang out with people you really don't know and it is hard to relax in a country that is not your own. Most of you have probably never experienced this, but take my word for it. Its hard.
I am open for your comments and input. I am incapable of making a decision on my own.

3 comments:

  1. You are soooo luck to have a good friend like Kana. Listen to her, she does remember what being in a new county with strangers feels like.

    Remember things could be worse, you could not hear from your partner at all, and you could be with out a fuzzy bundle to sit on your lap and talk to you all the time. Maybe you should learn a foreign language "Kitty talk".

    Just think a few years ago people didn't have e-mail or blogs and that would have been really lonely.

    Hang in there, Gram

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, what are you up to-----it has been much to quiet!

    Gram

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry we missed your birthday, lost track of the days! Can't believe its November already! We'll try to send it this weekend. When I realized your b-day was like one day away, it hit me that not only did I not have a number to call you, I don't know the time difference! = ( Do I have anything of yours that you want/need? Let me know! We love you and miss you a lot! Mom, Tony & Caitlin

    ReplyDelete