Thursday, October 26, 2006

quick update and a few thoughts

Sorry I haven't written in the last few days. I have been busy with my compass class (new navy wife orientation). It has been particularly interesting because there are Japanese wives in the class and I get to learn a little about the area. It is way better than taking it in Bremerton because I already know too much about it! I have to drive 45 minutes to the base everyday (but our car gets fantastic gas milage) and it runs from 9-1, so I loose a large chunk of the productive part of my day. It is 11 though and I have been busy.
I think the military is just out to use up our time. I am now applying to subsitute for office positions in the elementary school and I pretty much have to sign my life away. I think I have used up a few trees and a ton of.. well, where ever ink comes from. It is a heck of a lot of work when you don't even know if you'll get the job. They make you fill out forms you would only have to complete if your were actually getting the job. I will never complain about applying for a non-governmental job again (unless I forget about the hours I have spent doing this!)
Danny seems to be doing a little better and I hope he has given up the campaign to get as little sleep as possible. I think he said he was hoping to get at least 8 hours tonight.
One last thing before I go to bed... I just wanted to say happy birthday to Becky and Beth. I feel like I am forgetting someone. Well, forgive me. I have spent the last two hours filling out government forms! (And no body better forget mine!)

No comments:

Post a Comment