Friday, December 08, 2006

Car problems

The back two tires on our new car are pretty bad and I have been told on multiple occasions that they need to be replaced. The back left tire has a slow leak, so everytime I want to drive it, I have to go to the autoport and get more air in the tire. Of course I can only do this when they are open, which is very limited hours on tuesday and friday. They told me that they can't replace my tires because their machines are not right for the tires I need. I don't know what it is all about, but the point is they can't/won't do it. So when I went to Yokosuka today to get groceries (their commissary is much larger than ours) I stopped by the Autoport there. Turns out they won't do them either!
It is a real big pain. Now we will have to go into town to get them done which isn't (hopefully) a huge hassle, but it will probably be more expensive. Everything in Japan is expensive. Just kinda frustrated by this whole thing. I am waiting til Danny gets home to get this taken care of, but when he comes in I have to pick him up and he will have to take the car everyday (once he gets his license) because the home-to-work bus doesn't run on holiday standdown because most people don't have to go to work everyday but Danny does. I am concerned about the car because I don't know how much longer this is going to work and how soon we can get it fixed. Of course I am worried about our safety cause the tire could blow at any moment while driving down the road at 60 km/h!

5 comments:

  1. Check you email for answer.
    Gram

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its not that big of a deal. I've known about it for a while. And it certainly doesn't come as a surprise to me since it is a used car and we didn't spend very much on it.
    There is no time to get it done before he comes home. He asked me to wait anyway. The car is drivable. (ooh, just had a earthquake) Anyway, its not too big of a deal, just sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like your earthquake was a 4.8 in the Ryukyu Islands of Japan. Or else it was Danny putting the pedal to the metal to get hime!

    Things go wrong no matter where your husbands are....like the calves get out of the fence, you are very pregnant, and you have a 5 year old to take care of. You call and they say " I can't come home you will have to deal with it" Thank heaven for neighbors. The difference is when they do come home you can at least scream. I thought sure I was going to die with cow tracks all over me! So who says we're the weaker sex, right.
    Gram

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually looks like it was 20 mi outside of Tokyo, so just north of us and it was a 4.6. Not bad. Shook the house twice. The aftershock was as powerful as the first one. It has been a while since we've had any. I was starting to wonder.
    http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsww/Quakes/uswbak.php

    ReplyDelete
  5. Make that 20 km (15 mi) outside of Tokyo.

    ReplyDelete