Friday, December 15, 2006

Sorry

I know, I know. Its been a long time since I've posted. With Danny just being home I hope you all understand. We both have been a little under the weather and quite lazy.
Yesterday, I slept from noon to three after we got home and Danny slept til between 4 and 5. It was his day off, but we had to go to the hospital because he was getting the lump removed from his head. (They call it a wen) It only took about 30 minutes and didn't seem to hurt him, but the thing was on a blood vessel so he bled a bit and they wrapped his head so he looked like a injured soldier from the civil war. It was really quite funny. He also got two stiches. The doctor shaved his hair off where he cut, so last night I shaved all his hair off so he didn't look too funny. At least he won't have the bump anymore. It was small, but easier to have it off.
The ship Christmas party was wednesday. Danny made a big fuss at first about going, but it wasn't bad. Buffet style food and a gift raffle. Danny was like the 4th person drawn, but he picked the 72 hour liberty and put it back. Someone else can use it more and the officers are encouraged to leave it for other people anyway. I wanted the television. Maybe next year!
Speaking of Christmas, and to answer all your questions Grandma, we did get the tree decorated. We did it on monday night after dinner. We put the first ornament on together, which was the "first christmas" one Tracy sent us (thank you Tracy). It was really cute. So he put on the ornaments from his childhood and I put on the ones I bought at a store here. The tree is full and we didn't even put them all on, but the back is empty. Danny really crammed them on there too. It looks beautiful though and I took lots of pictures. I will put those up later. We also took pictures with Mocha and, no, she hasn't knocked over the tree. She just wraps her toy around the branches 30 million times. Danny says she just wants to decorate the tree, but I take the toy away for a while.
Our tree has presents under it and looks very festive now. Of course, Danny hasn't wrapped my present yet, but I already know what it is 'cause I picked it out in Hong Kong. I think we are being pretty frugal with Christmas and that is a good thing. I just can't wait for Christmas day.
PS. I wanted to let Cheryl know (if Dad or Grandma read this, please pass it on) that we got both packages-theirs and the one from Julie- and I cried when Danny opened it. He was perplexed why we got marshmellows, a sweet potato, canned green beans and french fried onions, but I understood pretty quickly and it made me cry. Thank you for that. I am excited to make at least the green bean casserole.
Other news: I had my first English lesson today. In fact, I just got home about half an hour ago. We met at Starbucks, which wasn't the best place because it was so noisy. I hope the lesson went well. I was so nervous and there was definitely a communication barrier there, but I hope that she will continue having lessons with me and I will get better at this. It was just a trial lesson, so she may decide that she needs a different and more experianced teacher, but now that I've met her it may be better next time. I have another lesson on monday (I try to plan these for Danny's duty days). I feel a little more prepared, but still extremely nervous. Wish me luck.
We hope to have Kana and Yuichi over for dinner this weekend. She just told me she is sick and her voice sounds like a man. Yes, those were her words. I couldn't help but laugh, but I feel bad for her too. Hopefully she will be better before sunday. I want to make dinner and have a nice evening.
Danny is home early morning tomorrow. I am alone tonight. Sad, but I am getting used to it. Goodnight everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the news; it's so good to hear all that is happening at your house.

    We survived the big storm, here. We were without power for 12 hours, but our DSL has been off and on and off again since then. Just got it back tonight. Jimmy and Yoko are still without electricity, and so is my brother in Shelton.

    Love,
    Gramma T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did print off the blog and gave it to Cheryl. Funny how some things can make you cry.

    Office party's are all the same, in the Navy or out.

    Sorry about Danny's surgery, and I thought his hair was short before!

    Great Grandma was telling me in the storm in"49 we had a wood stove for heat and she would set the alarm and get up and put in more wood. We had about 3' of snow and no water. She had to drop a pail in the well and pull up fresh water. The coil on the car froze and so it just sat. My Dad was in Virginia so we were on our own. Almost like being in the Navy.

    We did lose out power this week also, but with the gas fireplace and gas range we do very nicely.

    Gram

    ReplyDelete