Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Our Christmas

Merry Christmas everyone. Hope you all had a great one. It was sad being away from home, but Danny and I enjoyed having our first Christmas together and making our own traditions and memories. The tree was in the house and very bare for a while, so it was great when Danny came home so we could decorate. I am putting pictures at the end for you to see. We exchanged gifts to each other on the 23rd. Wanted to do it on Christmas eve, but Danny had watch so I went to go pick him up at 8 on Christmas. When we got home we opened presents while sitting on the floor. We tried to get Mocha to unwrap (attack) stuff, but she just wouldn't do it no matter how much catnip was involved. That night I made my very first all-Lori Christmas dinner. I bake two pre-smoked Turkey drumsticks, as well as making greenbean casserole, potatoes (from box) and gravy (from package), stuffing (from box), rolls (from roll) and apple pie (from can). So, despite all the "premade-ness" it turned out well. I didn't want to spend all day in the kitchen, so it worked out perfect for the two of us. We still have turkey, stuffing, and green bean casserole in the fridge. Oh, and half an apple pie.
There are many, many other things to write about, but I am trying to keep this post on topic. I will write more again soon. Ryen is flying in to Japan tomorrow afternoon, so I will have to take an insanely long and lonely train ride to Narita to pick her up.
Here is the pictures:

2 comments:

  1. Your tree looks lovely. Some day you will need a ten foot tree for all the ornaments you have collected.

    I suppose you did the semi-homemade decorations to go with the food.......I hope you didn't wear clothes to match your green been casserole.

    Happy New Year!!

    Gram

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete