Sunday, December 03, 2006

I totally forgot

Somedays, I just forget we have a blog. Sorry to all those of you who check everyday and there is nothing new. There isn't much to write about in life so no reason to write a new blog.
Sometimes, things only seem to get worse around here. Danny says he feels like the little dutch boy with his finger in the dike keeping the water back. There is more and more crap happening everyday and I am sure he is pretty tired of dealing with it.
Things aren't much better on land either. I am finding out that Navy wives aren't any better than anyone else out there and I have apperently made friends with the wrong people. I think a gal took my comments the wrong way 'cause now she has told me that I am too negative (basically implying that I hate life and have no respect for the wonderful things I have) and wants nothing to do with me- which is okay because I don't want to be "friends" with someone who hates me. The thing that makes me angry is that, 1, she doesn't even know me and has no grounds to make judgements about who I really am, and 2, that she has made me question who I am. I am, if you haven't figured it out already, a very sensitive person. I am crushed because she completely exploded at me and I am mad that she has the power to do that to me. She makes me feel like I am a terrible person with no feelings who cares about no one but myself and lives to complain to people. I know I have my negative moments, but I am no better or no worse than anyone else in this world. I love my life, I love my husband, I love my family, I love my friends and I love the opportunites that I have been given. Many people never get the chance to do the things that I do and I want to take full advantage of that.
While I am crushed now, when I put myself back together and regain my dignity I will not be afraid to tell her that although she may get joy in attempting to ruin other people's lives, I am stronger because I know who I am and I will not be pushed around by people like her. For now, I will "nurse my wounds" in solitude.

UPDATE: She wrote to me again. I wrote her back but hope I never hear from her again. I don't think I am any better than her and understand I can be negative at times, but I am more of a optimistic pessimist in a fun sort of way. I don't live my life to complain. I just hope that she has some sort of excuse for her obsurd behavior.

3 comments:

  1. Good. sounds like you are getting mad. What right does this girl have to go around bad mouthing and trying to tell you what YOU think! I say she has a BIG problem, maybe even a little whaco. Remember they are not really friends they are only acquaintances and some you will never see again. Try to not let it get under your skin, you are a caring kind person, or this wouldn't even bother you. Like I said, I think she has some sort of problem and is dumping on you, and you really far better off not knowing her and just walk away (after you punch her in the nose!) just kidding, but wouldn't you love to anyway.

    Gram

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for trying to make me feel better guys. I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just checking in.... good comments! All I can add is that she may be jealous....
    All of us here think you're the Best.


    Hugs,

    Gramma T

    ReplyDelete