Thursday, April 12, 2007

Dr.s appointment

I just got back from my annual poking and prodding and I had something funny to share with everyone. The doctor looked at my cholesterol, hdl & ldl levels and could tell that women in my family live to be an old age. I thought it was pretty funny. So anyway, I have a low risk of heart disease and will live to be as old and feisty as the rest of my family! But of course I have to watch my calcium intake because I don't want to spend the last 20-30 years of my life looking at my shoes. (or with a fake knee!)

3 comments:

  1. Exercise-exercise-EXERCISE!!! i thought my bones were getting bad and even take pills, but they still were able to drive a metal rod into the bone to anchor the knee so they can't be to bad. G.Grandma would not be bent over if they had treated her for curvature of the spine when she was little, that is why they always check little kids in school for that now.
    Nice to know you are going to be a crotchety old lady like the rest of us.
    Gram

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you're going to be around a nice long time. I'm sure Danny will be even happier to know that! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. See, this is all the more reason for me to live an unhealthy life; so Lori can have at least a few years in peace!

    ReplyDelete