Friday, May 18, 2007

Too much to say

I am two weeks behind in posting on the blog. Luckily for me, majority of our readers already know everything we did while we were in the states, but I know I'll have to post a lot of details for anyone else who doesn't know or just for journaling purposes. Mostly I guess you're all waiting for pictures. Most of the time I am at the computer is during work and although I have my camera here with me, I don't have the cables to hook it up. I also want to review them and edit them before I make them into a slideshow.
Suppose I could start with yesterday and last night. Danny was the one that was really worked up and beyond peeved so I guess I could try to make him write about it, but I don't think that would work. Checking in at Narita (Tokyo) was so easy, but the United desk in SeaTac is messed up. Their self check-in counters are a waste of time and the people don't act like they know what they're doing. All we wanted was to check our bags and get our tickets, but it couldn't be that simple. I guess the United representatives were looking for something special in Danny's passport (which I thought was a job for customs)and assumed that we had our tickets already. Checking our bags in shouldn't have been hard, but somehome it became that way. Danny and I just didn't understand what they were doing wrong and he was ready to scream at them.
It tooks us a little while to get through security and they moved the boarding gate without us knowing (no big deal, it was only 3 gates down). They guy in front of Danny on the plane kept reclining his seat too far and almost broke his computer a few times. Once we got back to Japan we had to wait about an hour for the Narita express which was about $40 each and took about 1.5 hrs to get to Yokohama. Then we had to switch trains and then grab a taxi back to the house. This prooved to be fairly difficult for me, but we were sure happy to walk in the front door. I got a nice bath last night and we finally got to sleep in our own bed. Didn't get to ask Danny this morning, but I think we both slept pretty hard.
That was majority of the bad stuff that happened to us over the last two weeks. I'll get to the good stuff when I have pics.

6 comments:

  1. I glad you two made it back home.
    I really enjoyed your visit, wish you could stay here but of course you guys are grown and need to fly... (No pun intended, well maybe a little)
    Sometimes it stinks to be a parent except when you see your children become responsible adults.

    Love You
    We all will miss you and looking forward to next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you made it home. Airports seem to increasingly be no fun at all.....

    How's Mocha?

    ReplyDelete
  3. When Gary was a little guy (before your Dad) he use to say he didn't care where he lived as long as he could take his bed with him. Out of the mouth of babs........! I imagine Danny was VERY upset at the airport, he HAD to get home.

    Sounds like you are both really busy already. Sorry the trip turned out so bad going back. Maybe fly the friendly skies on a Japanese plane next time.
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry I didn't get to see you guys. I flew home Monday and I've been sick ever since... :( I'm glad you guys got home safe, though, and you didn't have to pull your bags up those steps. HA.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol,Ryen. Your bags were heavy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The saying used to be, "Getting there is half the fun". Not so much anymore. I hate, hate, hate, flying and if I had the luxury of time and $, I'd just drive everywhere I wanted to go. Of course, trips to Hawaii might be difficult, but I could probably work something out.

    Glad you guys arrived alive, even if the trip was tough. We love you both! XXOOX Mom/Tracy

    ReplyDelete