Sunday, May 20, 2007

Update on car

After the car cooled down I went to go check it out. Turns out the radiator was completely empty!!! There is a bunch of dried brown goo inside the reserve and the radiator cap looks rusted. On the reserve tank it was obvious that water had been coming out the top of the tank. Danny will have to take the home-to-work for the next few days and I will have the autoport check if there is any cracks in the radiator or holes in a tube.
I learned from my honda and carrying a half gallon of water in my trunk at all times!

1 comment:

  1. Let's hope it is a bad hose, pretty cheap to fix. New radiator could get pricey. I guess you can't rely on gauges or idiot lights. You might even put water in the radiator and start the car, then check to see if a hose is leaking or split. Of course they look fine until you drive and the pressure builds in the hose.

    Anyhow, the fix will still be cheaper than a new motor. and you could never sell the car when it doesn't run.
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete