Thursday, October 18, 2007

Amazon.com

Yep, I don't need Amazon. Beside the fact that they sent me a lame email about how they hold service members in high regard, they gave me no good reason why it is only available to people in the United States.
I think its cruel that they allowed us to pay for and watch the first three episodes and then they took it away. Either way, AFN will start the season on November 20th. I can watch it for free after we get back to Japan and I'd already watched it in the states.
So, :P to you Amazon. You don't get my money and I don't have to deal with your lame excuses for why I can't download a show I paid for.

6 comments:

  1. Have you tried going to abc.com? Most of those shows you can watch for free on your computer anyway. I don't know about you, but my monitor screen is bigger than the iTune thingie anyway.

    You may still think about asking someone at family services too, they may have a better explanation. Sorry I can't be more help! :-( XXOOX Mom/Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. abc.com is also only available to people in the United States. Plus, Heroes is on NBC anyway.
    I love watching things on iTunes because there are no commercials and you know you can make the screen bigger, right?
    I know why I can't watch the shows, so I won't bug the people at FFSC. Amazon and abc can tell what country I am in because of my proxy server. It doesn't matter that I have a US mailing address and pay for my internet through an American company.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I think I know what you're talking about..! Not iTunes, you are thinking about the iPod. Mine doesn't even play videos; I just watch them on the computer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's a selfish motivation too, if Dan ever gets stationed in Guam, I'll need to be able to order from Amazon still, or I'll go insane. Some addictions just can't be broken! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why don't you write to Apple and complain also.

    And to think Amazon is right here in Seattle!

    I think it's still to bad we can't find someone with a recorder to put the show on a CD and mail it over every week.

    Sorry.
    Gram

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I don't have any complaints with Apple. It isn't their fault that NBC decided to go with Amazon. It was a pretty stupid choice in my opinion, but whatever. Its too late now.

    ReplyDelete