Tuesday, October 30, 2007

An Update in Newport

We made it to Newport yesterday morning. Danny started class today. I was sleeping when he came back for his lunch break. We've been having a hard time sleeping lately and haven't been feeling too well either. I have this horrible trend of being sick on my birthday.
We are settling in here since we'll be here for three weeks. I am having problems with my phone too, so you can't call it yet. You can contact us at the hotel though. The phone number is (401) 841-0800. You will get a prerecorded message- our room number is 518. Feel free to call us. If we don't answer you can leave a voice mail.
Newport is beautiful. It is cold here, but very clear. The water is amazing and the trees are wonderful shades of orange, yellow, and red. I promise that I'll post pictures once I have them.
Well, we don't have internet in our room so I want to finish doing my things on the internet and go back upstairs.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Lori, I'm so sorry I didn't get home in time to call and wish you happy birthday in person. It was already almost 10:00 p.m. your time and I didn't want to risk waking you and/or Danny, especially if you aren't feeling well. Traveling almost always makes me sick, must be breathing other people's air on the planes. Stock up on some Airborne and see if that helps. Hope you're both feeling better soon! Love and miss you both, looking forward to seeing you soon. XXOOX Tracy/Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Lori! Hope you're feeling better.... the stress of travel can make us vulnerable to bugs.

    How wonderful to be where the autumn colors are most beautiful! Great time of year to be there.

    Looking forward to more updates.

    Gramma T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!

    Well thanks a lot I was sick Monday also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dad, I can't pass my cold through the phone!
    Hope you guys feel better. I am getting better but still have a way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet you let the cold out while you were in flight and let it drift down to all us.

    Get better before you get here.

    Love You

    ReplyDelete