Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Weekend Outing

So, Sierra so kindly asked me the other day, "When are you going to post more pictures of stuff?" I asked her, "pictures of what?" and she said, "I dunno...just stuff". Yes, that was our exact conversation. I told her I'd put of pictures of Kamakura, but I'm pretty sure I've already done that. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Anyway, about a week ago Danny drug me to Akihabara where he won the "Stewie bunny". He promised that we'd go some place I was interested in, so we stopped in Shinagawa on the way back home. There wasn't much near the station besides department stores. We crossed the street in front of the station and started wandering around. We found an aquarium called the Epson Aqua Stadium. Thats a strange company endorsement...
Anyway, we decided to go if I payed. Let me tell you, it was much too small for as much as we payed. It was over 1800 yen each. The had a dolphin show, which we didn't see, and a sea lion show. That one we waited for about 20 minutes in very crowded room with no more seating available. The show was cute, but it only lasted as long as we waited. Yes, it was all in Japanese but how much of a sea lion show do you need to understand? Its like going to Sea World in San Diego without speaking English.
Anyway, I have a few pictures that turned out from the aquarium. It is difficult sometimes with no flash and fish that move too fast.

6 comments:

  1. Is this the one I'm suppose to say something about?
    Looks wet and I see lots of fish. I did like the glass tunnel with the fish swimming over. They were good pictures, even without a flash.

    Gram

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Lots of fish and no Buddha

    What is the animal in the fish tunnel,
    yes the one in the white shirt.

    sea urchin?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm running away. I think I decided to go to Japan. We can roam the countryside and fight crime together. How does that sound?

    ReplyDelete
  4. One reason there was no comment.... the email failed. I didn't get a notice of post until today. Guess I'm relying too much on it.... need to go back to checking in every day. :-)

    Now I can go back and look at the fish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fish soccer??? That is tooo funny! :-D

    The Puffer Fish looks just like the one who bit me in Hawaii when we were snorkeling.... the day we learned not to feed the fish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You took some incredible pics there, Lori. Even moreso considering what you had to work with. Thanks so much for sharing them with us. XXOXO Mom/Tracy

    ReplyDelete