Wednesday, October 31, 2007

My birthday

As I mentioned yesterday, neither of us are feeling too hot. Jetlag combined with illness makes me feel like I am living in a fog. Danny got sick while we were in Japan and passed it on to me. Every morning I hope to wake up and feel better, but I don't. When we were staying in Providence there was a small cardio gym in the hotel. I did sit-ups and squats which made my muscles incredibly sore. Feeling queasy and congested doesn't help that at all. Yuck.
Anyway, I made reservations for a local restaurant last night for 6. Danny got back just before 5. I got in the shower and by the time I was out, he was asleep. So I changed the reservation for 7. When we left the hotel I forgot the piece of paper I had with the phone number and name of the restaurant on it. We thought our map of Newport was in the van, but it wasn't. We drove around aimlessly and tried to get directions. We thought we were lost, but I found the place completely on accident. It was a cute little place and they had an awesome dinner for 2 special. I think it was both our meals plus wine for $25 dollars. I am a cheap date. :)
We got back to the room, crashed in bed and I didn't get up until after 11 this morning- just in time for lunch. I had to take nyquil to make sure I would sleep through the night. I don't think that helps me in the feeling like I am still in a fog at half past 1!

4 comments:

  1. Total score on the dinner deal, what did you have? You almost can't even eat at Red Robin for that for two!

    Hope you're both feeling better soon. We feel for you! XOOX Mom/Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Foggy, Yes

    I do understand that.
    I was very dizzy and Cheryl was running a slight fever.

    I didn't even leave the house yesterday.

    I'm feeling better today but not well.

    Thank goodness for Nyquil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you guys,
    There is a place in New Port that has a GREAT bleu cheese hamburger and a nice sports bar atmosphere. Get there early, it gets busy. I can't remember the name, but it's downtown, across from or near the fire station. It's nice and resonably priced too.
    Hope your guys are feeling better and can enjoy the area. It is nice in the fall, but can be miserable in the winter and summer. So you're there at a nice time!
    Dad/Dan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Dan. I'll make sure Danny knows about it. We've got a lot of recommendations from locals and people who've visited here before.
    The $25 deal was pasta from a select list and we chose a bottle of pinot grigio. The restaurant will give you bread with your meal, but we ordered garlic bread instead. After the meal and a nice tip, we payed about $35. There are two restaurants here that have that kind of deal so I want to try the other in the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete