Monday, December 31, 2007

Painting Shadow boxes

I ordered a set of Shadow boxes from Target a few weeks ago. Although I ordered two sets, they only sent me one. Well, while I'm waiting for the other box I decided to paint my first set.
Our dining room is in colors of blue and brown and I couldn't find any frames that came in blue. I finally found this set of white shadow boxes for 14.99 and ordered them. Not my fault Target messed up the order.
Anyway, I got crafty yesterday and decided to paint them. There are ones smaller than the ones in the picture, but I haven't decided how to decorate them. For now they are just blue.
I honestly think they're adorable, but I don't expect everyone to agree.

4 comments:

  1. Good heavens.......you're becoming a crafter!!!!

    Very cute, how are you going to use them?

    Next we learn to paint flowers.

    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, after I get the other set of 8 and get them painted, I'll get pictures in them and arrange them in the dining room. I may decide to add items inside the boxes that gp with the pics.
    This is the extent of my painting skills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't sell yourself short, some flowers, like Daisies are quite easy to paint. Tole painters love them.

    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute are those frames? Just adorable! Yes, keep it up and you'll be knocking out tole paintings before you know it. :-)

    ReplyDelete