Friday, June 29, 2007

More complaint about Grey's Anatomy

This show gives me a lot to say, but my gripe this time is about Isaiah Washington. I know there was the whole deal where he made some anti-gay remark and had to apologize and go through counseling. I agree that he probably said something he shouldn't, especially considering he is on a very popular show and in he spot light more than other people. Things people say can be misunderstood and made to be bigger than they are, so I was a little bit unhappy when I heard that ABC fired him. I don't like it when the actor of a character changes. It just isn't the same.

I was unhappy about this, until today. I read an article online where Isaiah is claiming that he was fired because he as black and didn't act like a slave. His direct quote was, "Well, it didn't help me on the set that I was a black man who wasn't a mush-mouth Negro walking around with his head in his hands all the time. I didn't speak like I'd just left the plantation and that can be a problem for people sometime". There is something about this comment that really peeves me. There is racism in this world, but I like to believe many people in this world don't think blacks should talk and act like they "just left the plantation".

I've decided that Isaiah Washington is just too egotistical and after these comments I wouldn't want him on the show anymore anyway.

If you want to read the article I read, go here: http://apnews.excite.com/article/20070629/D8Q268OG0.html

1 comment:

  1. You go girl! I couldn't agree more. The man is just way too full of himself and seems to have no problem belittling others while feeling very sorry for himself. When the actor who plays George, who is gay in real life, was a few minutes late to rehearsal and actually happened to be standing right behind one of the sets on his way in, Washington's statement was something to the effect of, "Why wait for the little fag?" Very uncalled for and very unprofessional, regardless of his personal feelings. Surprising it should come from a person of color too, who from all intents should understand the hurtful nature of words moreso than most. Nope, won't miss the man's arrogance at all!

    ReplyDelete