Thursday, April 17, 2008

Doppler

I broke down a few weeks ago and bought a fetal heart monitor/doppler on the internet. I just got it in the mail yesterday and it is awesome. When Danny was home last night he plugged his headphones into it and we listened to the heartbeat together. He also had a little too much fun making my stomach jiggle and listen to the sound of it.
The doppler came with an audio-out cable and I am supposed to be able to record the sound onto the computer. So far I've had no luck. My computer doesn't pick up anything. Danny's computer recognizes there is something plugged in, but there is no sound. I may try to find another cable, but I won't give up yet. I am determined to make it work!
I had another doctor's appointment yesterday with an ultrasound. I'll post an update and pictures later.

6 comments:

  1. Try putting your headphone to the mic on your macbook and record it in garageband- the device might not have enough power to send a signal to the audio in on your mac.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you listen to your own heartbeat? How about the weather? Just kidding, you modern parents are a scream. : ) Have you tried Mocha too? How good does it work maybe I can use it instead of my darn hearing aid!

    Have fun,
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry AJ, I tried that after you suggested it and it didn't work for me. Any other suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  4. check in System Preferences>Sound> Line in

    and adjust the volume if you plug in the doppler to the input. Perhaps this will boost the input to garage band?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I already did that too. I made sure that the sound input was changed from the built-in microphone to the input. No luck.
    I've even gone as far as to download a free sound recording software, but I haven't tried it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hummm, other than that- I am tapped for ideas. The extra downloaded software I suspect won't help. Like I said in my first post-it sounds like the heart beat monitor itself doesn't send a strong enough signal for the Mac to record.
    Sorry

    ReplyDelete