Sunday, April 13, 2008

More research

So I searched for a little more information on both cribs.
I found some good information and reviews about the Storkcraft crib on the walmart website: here. The picture showed the crib and drawer both without wheels. It also mentioned that it had an easy, one-hand drop down side.
I also found some reviews on the Target website for the Million Dollar Baby crib. Actually they call it the Da Vinci crib, but it looks exactly the same. The website is here. One of the comments said "5'5" mothers beware". Thats me! They also say it scratches really easily. If it looks terrible, I probably won't want to use for a full bed. I can't imagine what it would look like after a kid was teething on it!
Anyway, I'm gonna keep doing research and see what other people say.

UPDATE: I found the Storkcraft crib on Amazon. BabyUniverse is selling it for 159.00 plus $21.84 for shipping. That is only $1.84 more than the Exchange. Plus I may have to pay the Exchange $55 to deliver it from Yokosuka to my house although I've been told that I can simply request that it is transfered to Negishi and pick it up at the exchange here.
ANOTHER UPDATE: Nevermind! Although the seller says they ship to APO/FPO, it is Amazon policy that no furniture can be sent to us here. I was hoping it would be small enough for USPS to accept it, but I guess not. I'm back to ordering from the Exchange via the phone number.

3 comments:

  1. I also found the Chelsea bed on Toys R Us site under the baby page, they wanted $169.99 and Target had it for $159.99. Penney had a brand called ABC that had a bed that looked just like the Million bed and they wanted $269.99.
    Remember when I looked at the picture of the Million bed, I wondered if you would have to reach over two side rails, maybe that's why the 5'5" part comes in. Funny how some people will love the bed and others hate it.
    Sounds like you might as well go with the Exchange, can't save any money any where else and at least you should get it!
    Good luck,
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would want to know if there is enough toe room under the crib, in front of the drawer.

    I'm enjoying "shopping with you."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gather you have made up your mind about the crib.
    I had worried about toe room also, and even how strong the drawer was. i suppose if there isn't enough toe room we will find out when you get up in the middle of the night and stub your toe, the scream that was heard around the world. (maybe you should practice before September)
    I can't believe how expensive all this stuff is, makes the dresser drawer look better all the time. : )

    Grandma

    ReplyDelete