Friday, October 10, 2008

Holey Moley!

I woke up at about 530 this morning and just about jumped out of my skin. Melanie was still asleep! I freaked out a little before I remembered that she didn't go to sleep until nearly 11pm. I eventually went back to bed and went back to sleep. She was tossing and turning and making baby noises, but stayed asleep. She ended up sleeping until just after 8pm. She was asleep for 9 hours!! The growth spurt is starting to wind down and it is common for babies to sleep more after them, so this is probably a fluke. It will be a long time before I can sleep longer than 6 hours at a time.

7 comments:

  1. Here's hoping she gives you at least one more night like that. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! Hope you get more of those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to hear that she was sleeping! I can't wait to get home and help you baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this the point where I get to say, "Told you so!" lol Isn't it scary the first time baby actually sleeps for a change?

    I'm so glad you got a good night's sleep, hopefully more will follow!

    Please give Melanie a hug and a kiss for us, we miss her sooooo much!

    XXOOX Mom/Dad; Dan/Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I'm totally sympathetic with you about the breastfeeding thing. It's been really hard for us too and I feel like a failure most of the time. Everyone talks about it like it's so easy, but all in all we have to do what's best for the baby. It sounds like things are taking a turn for the better, I hope it gets better. It's pumping and bottle feeding for us, at least for now. I'm glad she's sleeping and you are too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to hear.
    Someday you will look back and laugh.

    Poor Danny, he is so woried about you two. Panic sets in when the baby finally sleeps.

    Love

    G/D/L

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad that you got some sleep,I know you'll take full advantage of these episodes It sounds like our baby is doing exactly what needs to be done I am glad your getting the hang of things Lori it makes being so far away from us to help you a little more easy,remember you can call your dad and I any time please we will talk you through any hair pulling time babies can sure seem dificult at times,or is that teenagers oh yeah all of the obove.Well take care Lori we love and miss you all .
    LOVE AND HUGS GrANDMA CHERYL

    ReplyDelete