Wednesday, November 15, 2006

earthquakes and tsunamis

Yes, there was an earthquake near Japan. It was over 1000 miles north of Tokyo. There was also a tsunami warning as you may have heard. So far, there hasn't been any big waves and we are perfectly safe here. I am far away from the water and on a large hill. They issues warnings anytime there is a large earthquake. Yokosuka should be fine as well. Just wanted to tell you all this before someone freaked out. Not that I think any of you would.

2 comments:

  1. I saw the warning on the news this morning, and yes I would have freaked out, except I do know you live a long ways from the water. That said, sometimes we think a person is safe, only to find out later they were down near the beach, for some reason, where we never thought they would be! I'm glad they don't take any chances and issue warnings.

    Stay safe,
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't freak out because i saw it was north east japan. We had the warning on the wasington coast so don't you freak out about us

    ReplyDelete