Monday, November 20, 2006

Finally!

Housing turned the heat on this morning. It is about time! Of course, the heat in the office doesn't work and the nob to adjust the heat in the bathroom is missing. I don't care right now, our house is warming up. I had a hell of a time sleeping last night because it was about 14 degrees C (57 F) downstairs and at least 3-5 degrees colder upstairs. That means it was probably about 10-12C (50-53F) in our bedroom. That is too cold to sleep comfortably. In fact, I'll give you the image of what I would have looked like. I was wearing sweatpants and a sweater and heavy socks. I had a heat pad on my feet and an extra blanket as well as the down comforter, both of which came up to my nose. I also had the hood on so all you could see where my eyes and nose. After all that, I was still freezing! I won't be cold tonight!

3 comments:

  1. mjupbeI hope you are still writing in your jounal every day. This last blog should go in for sure! Hard to believe you will some day laugh about how you must have looked. Maybe you should have got a bigger cat, or even a very large dog to sleep with.

    On the plus side, if you had a major catastrophe hit the house you would have been dressed and ready to go out the door.

    Really glad the heat is on, frozen buns aren't cool!
    Gram

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're just back from Klamath Falls.... catching up on posts, and smiling.

    Glad you got your heat turned on.... I have fond memories of those radiators. :-)

    I have a friend from Phoenix, in the Tokyo area, married to a Japanese man....she freezes every winter. So glad you don't have to!

    Eloise/Gramma T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you have your heat on. Hope you do well at the interview we all know you are the best person for the job.I will continue to call you until I reach you. Try not to freak out about money it will only make you insane. Try not to worry about things that you can not change and change the things you can.

    ReplyDelete