Thursday, August 14, 2008

36 week appointment

Okay, didn't write yesterday when I go t home, but I am now.
Nothing to eventful at the appointment which I suppose is good. My blood pressure is still good and I haven't really gained any weight since my last appointment. My fundal height was 34cm, which is still two behind my due date, but the midwife still isn't concerned. I also had the GBS test. They are checking for certain bacteria that could be passed to the baby during birth. If it comes back positive, they'll give me antibiotics in labor. She is still head down and my midwife wasn't surprised to hear about my contractions.
The "fun" part was that there was a male Japanese medical student shadowing my midwife. He was the one who measured me and checked the baby's heartbeat, but was also watching during my GBS test. Awkward...
I managed to schedule for next Wednesday so I won't have to drive down twice next week. I am going to he breastfeeding class that same day at 2. Luckily I'll only have a few hours to kill.

3 comments:

  1. Good to know everything is going okay. I was concerned.

    Yes, I have been the object of fascination for trainees before from my ears to my you know where, however I have never had a male, would be very uncomfortable.

    Love Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. And remember, you can always say, 'no' when they ask. I once had a UW medical student ask to be present at my pap smear and I had no problem saying no to that! Let them learn on someone else's body, I say.

    Glad to hear you're well and healthy, although I had no doubts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They didn't ask, but I don't mind so much. I mean, in a few weeks there won't be many secrets down there anyway.

    ReplyDelete