Friday, August 22, 2008

NST update

Everything looks good. Babies heart rate was good, although the nurse noted how active she was. It ranged from 120-180 depending on her activity. I found watching the monitor to be very fascinating. No contractions during the 40 min they had me hooked up. (I think they forgot about me...)
The midwife came in when I was finished. Said everything looked good. She did an ultrasound measuring the fluid space. Also, she asked me what gender I was told the baby was. I said "well, they say I'm having a girl". She froze the screen and said "yup, there is her labia". Phew, I'm relieved. Now I can finally wash ALL her clothes. That will give me something to do over the next two weeks!
I am scheduled for another NST August 29th and another full ultrasound in Radiology, like I received Wednesday, on September 5th. They canceled my appointment at the Ob/GYN's office and said I don't need to do those anymore. I'll just go straight to Labor & Delivery (AKA 3AOB) from now on. I kinda miss my old midwife, but this one is great too.

Oh, and I took all my bags with me when I left the house this morning. Pretty sure Mocha thought I was leaving again 'cause she puked in my shoe shortly after I left. I was so mad!

3 comments:

  1. Glad everything looks okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to laugh about Mocha puking in your shoe. Just wait until baby girl gets older, then the fun REALLY starts!

    Good to hear you're doing well as is baby. How exciting as the time draws nearer and nearer, plus now it looks as if Danny will be able to get back sooner. Kudos to him for continuing to ping on people until he got the answer he wanted! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If Mocha was a dog ......the shoe would have been found in pieces!

    Must be a relief that everything looks okay, and she is swimming right along.

    Good thing about gender, as I would hate to see a boy baby in so much pink and dresses to boot!

    Hugs to all,
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete