Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Mocha's appointment

Mocha was still acting odd with her eyes, so I decided to finally make an appointment for her. So today at noon she saw the vet. He looked at her eyes and said that her eyes were dilating properly and her cornea wasn't scratched. He inner eyelid was a little swollen so he gave me an antibiotic ointment to put in her eyes. It may be difficult to do it myself, but I'll try at least once. If she tries to rip all my skin off then I'll get my neighbor's help. :) I'm already formulated how I'll hold her down.
They told me when I checked in that she would be due for her rabies and another shot in September. They gave me the option to do it later, but as I will have a baby then and they don't allow anyone under 10 inside the office I knew it was best to do it now. She acted amazingly well through the whole thing. I was impressed. Now if only I can hope for that much from the baby!
She was very happy to get home and out of the carrier. I can see her beautiful eyes now and she isn't mad at me! Its comforting to know things are better.
I go in for my appointment tomorrow. Another trip to Yokosuka. Yippee. I was having some minor contractions last night, but they finally stopped. A bath has never been so great. Don't worry, I'm taking care of myself. It will be much nicer when Danny is here. I am counting down the days until I hope he can come home.

4 comments:

  1. Maybe Mocha knew you were trying to help her, and remember she trusts you. Good luck with the cream.

    Glad you have your appointment tomorrow, I want to see what they tell you.

    Watch the stairs and no heavy lifting, treat yourself with upmost care.

    Hugs and double hugs,
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that the appointment went well sweetie! I know you were worried about Mocha hating you after it, so I'm happy to know that it didn't work out that way. Have a wonderful day!

    Love, Danny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you're getting the beginning contractions, yay! I'm sure Danny will be there before the real ones hit. Wouldn't want him to miss that! And hopefully, we'll be there not too long after.

    Glad Mocha's feeling better. So, is she letting you put the cream in her eye?

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is still letting me put the cream in, but I'm not sure I'm doing a very good job. I practically have to lay on top of here and I can't quite pull out her eyelid like the vet did.

    ReplyDelete