Friday, August 29, 2008

Friday 29th appointment

Everything is fine.
The baby was playing hide and seek with the heartrate monitor. My the time we got it set up, she would move away. The heart beat line was inconsistent, but we got a good enough sample. Again, I didn't have any contractions, but she was moving around a lot.
The midwife did another internal exam. She said I was open on the outside, but not on the inside. Apparently that is normal for a first baby, but I have no idea what it means. She didn't explain and I didn't ask. Either way there doesn't seem to be any progression toward labor. I am feeling a little uncomfortable after that exam, but I know it will go away quickly.
I got another ultrasound today and the midwife was measuring the fluid space, which still looks good. She kept trying to take stills of the space to measure it and the baby would move her hand or foot into the middle of it. Made things a little difficult. I got really tired of laying there.
Got another measurement of my fundal height. I was 34 this week. It is still 4-5cm behind, but still two more than last Wednesday so we know she is still growing. Next Friday during my in-depth ultrasound we'll find out exactly how much.
Anyway, that's pretty much it. I am moving into the Stork's Nest next Wednesday. My next appointment in Labor & Delivery is in the afternoon on the 5th.

6 comments:

  1. Are you sure this baby is ever going to be born? It's obvious that your tummy is just to darn comfortable.
    I am glad she is still growing and getting bigger.

    Can you imagine the woman in Egypt that had 7 and started out with 9! I think one is plenty.

    Keep us posted, and good luck.

    Love Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds as if you're going to have one active little baby girl on your hands in a few weeks! That's funny she kept moving the whole time you were at your appt, we know she's healthy, that's for sure! So, they're still keeping your due date as the 7th? We're soooo looking forward to meeting her here shortly! :-)

    XXOOX Mom/Tracy, Dad/Dan

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the only comfort, knowing that eventually she HAS to come out.
    They aren't going to change the due date, especially not this late. I see no big deal that she is small. Plus, that means they won't let me go past the 21st. She better make it before then though 'cause Danny will have to report back on the 25th. I will beg my midwife to do something if I have to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fact that she is smaller is really no big deal, as long as she is fully developed. Being tiny only means you got to hunt down the preemie size diapers. You may freak out at first as she will seem so small and delicate, much like a small kitten, puppy or anything tiny, but they are much tougher than we think, and I bet her lungs will work really well.
    Did anyone ever tell you what you weighed when you were born? I was thinking if Danny only weighed a little over 6 lbs. and your Dad only weighed a little over 6 lbs. maybe that is an average size for your babies. We just don't have big babies.
    Even me.....and look what we all weigh now!!

    Love Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm soooooooooooooo excited at your baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers are with all three of you during these exciting last days!

    Love,
    Gramma T.

    ReplyDelete