Wednesday, February 28, 2007

busy week, so far

There isn't much happening here in Japan for me right now. I can't complain about being bored because I've been home just long enough to sleep. The last two nights I haven't got home until 10 or later. Usually my bed time is 9, so I've been really tired. I don't like getting up at 6 am and have a bad habit of hitting the snooze button.
Monday night I went to Shibuya to meet with Kana. We sat in a coffee shop for a few hours and then went to dinner. It was so much fun just to sit down and talk to her. There aren't many people in Japan I can just talk to, so it is nice to have someone. We had omuraisu (or omu rice, Japanese rice omelette). It was good. Then I got on a crouded train home and took a taxi to our house 'cause I wasn't about to walk! Just as I was about to go to bed, Danny called me. The call dropped out twice and I couldn't sleep all night because I didn't get to finish the conversation with him. He said he tried to call me back but my phone never rang. He says that coverage sucked in Okinawa.
Last night I was invited to dinner and Pastor Terry and his wife, Sonja, house. I didn't think I'd be there as long as I did. It really was a lot of fun. They asked my questions and then Pastor Terry started asking me grammar, literature, and geography questions. It was kind of like playing Trivial Persuit! :) They enjoyed the Chinese Almond cookies I brought. Even though none of us are Japanese, I still wanted to follow Japanese tradition and have a gift to bring.
Danny seems to be having an interesting time on the ship. I can't tell the story (I will leave that up to him if he wishes) but it was certainly entertaining. I feel bad about complaining about how little sleep I've gotten because he wrote to me last night saying he had been up since 530 and had watch at 140 or something. Makes me feel bad (and that isn't any better).
My eyes are so tired I am having a hard time looking at the computer screen. I am busy tonight and thursday night, but I have free time afterwork friday. I'm not sure what I'll do with my time. There are chores that need to be done, but when I've got free time thats the last thing I want to do! Guess I should do it anyway. :P

2 comments:

  1. Good, good, good, very busy and no free time. That is what you need, although having enough sleep can be important.
    Wouldn't it be nice to twitch your nose and have the house clean, laundry and dishes done and still have time to read a good book!
    To bad about the broken phone call, drives you crazy not to finish a thought.
    Gram

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHH, I love that I know what Shibuya looks like. And I love that I know WHY you don't want to walk home! Those stairs are awful!!

    ReplyDelete