Friday, February 23, 2007

Here it is (Part 3)

Just as promised, here are the last 25 pictures of our trip to Sankeien Garden. I took a lot of pictures so please enjoy.
PS Instead of putting the pictures here I am including a link to the slideshow. Remember that you have control over the speed of the slideshow and other things. You can pause it or click a picture to see it alone. Or you can speed it up if you're tired of looking at them. :)
http://3587912960.slide.com/p/3/Sankeien+Gardens+Part+2?view=large

3 comments:

  1. Very interesting. I was surprise they didn't have any of the so called Japanese gardens we have. The sand and rock with patterns in the sand that represent different things. How about the little ponds with stepping stones? or are they mainly in the private homes.
    I do see that water is very important to their landscaping. Do you get any ideas when you look around? Always take pictures of something you like, because you will never remember exactly what it looked like. I see you have a cut-out of Danny's back also!

    Gram

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rocks and the sand are a zen garden. I think we may find those at places like the Imperial Palace, but I haven't seen any yet. People here don't have yards, so their gardens consist of plants in pots.
    I don't think Danny has a thing with taking pictures of me with trees. I think I tell him to do it. Maybe it started from my senior picture when I am sitting in the tree...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice pics.
    It looks like very pretty gardens

    ReplyDelete