Monday, February 12, 2007

Here it is (Part 1)

So, I am trying to load the photos on to Photobucket right now. While that is going on I'll tell you about what Danny and I did this weekend. I was pushing him a lot to do something and get out of the house. My need to go out has decreased since I got a job and am out of the house more. Nonetheless, I wanted to take the advantage of a free weekend to see some things.
Saturday we drove to Atsugi (the naval air station). The directions out there sucked, but we eventually made it. The drive back was interesting 'cause we could find our way back to the road we drove there on. We took a back way because the signs actually said Yokohama on them, so we trusted. Eventually we made it back to the bypass and knew where we were.
After that we got on the toll road to get back home. Unfortunately for us, we didn't realize that we needed to take the exit instead of staying on the K3. It took us over the Yokohama Bay Bridge (or Yokohama Rainbow Bridge). This bridge is flippin' long. Kinda like driving over the Oakland Bay Bridge without the levels. It took us forever to get across and Danny was pretty peeved at this point.
Once we got to the other side we got off and turned around. Of course we had to pay the toll again to get back on. That is what sucks about getting lost on a toll road. So we got back to the other side and made our way back home. The plan of the day was to go to Atsugi and the to this park near our house called Sankeien Garden. We drove by and Danny offered to stop and I said "no, lets go home first". So we did. I'll make a long story short here. I wanted to go and then Danny informed me that they close the gates at 4:30 and it was already too late. I became very upset, but after I got over it I was determined to salvage the night. Plans changes.
There is a park on the water in Yokohama called Yamashita Koen (koen is the Japanese word for park). It is very popular with couples. I took pictures of it when I was there before so you've probably seen them. So we went down there and I made Danny try to be romantic for a while. :) After that he took me to "early Valentine's day dinner". We walked around and I was fascinated with this one place. Sadly I didn't take a picture of the outside. It was a Hawaiian cuisine restaurant. It smelled like coconut inside and the food was fantastic. It was a little expensive, but so worth it. Our drinks were 1080 yen each before tax. I had beef teriyaki and Danny had Coconut noodles with seafood. Mmmm. This is the website of the restaurant: http://sunaloha.com/yokohama.html
After dinner we came home and crashed on the couch. It was a great night.
I have to work on the slideshow now. I will post it below...




I hope the slideshow is bigger on your computer than it is on mine. I tried to make it as big as I could, but blogger over rode the size...

No comments:

Post a Comment