Friday, September 12, 2008

Going in again today

Amy finally made it down to the base yesterday and I hung out with her while Danny went to the airport. We didn't do much, just walk around the Exchange and Commissary. I've been down there a lot recently just 'cause its one of the few things to do on base, but it was great to get out of the room and not spend the day alone.
Since Grandma asked what I do all day long, I promise it isn't very exciting. Because he doesn't have to work, Danny spends a lot of time doing things that have no interest to me. He doesn't seem to want to get out of bed as early as I do, so I just stay. Nothing for me to do on my own. Our entertainment consists of television and Danny's playstation. He always seems to be playing something. I brought down a few books and my knitting, but just haven't had the desire to pick them up. Recently I've spent a lot of time on my computer. Although we don't have internet in the room, I just discovered today that I can go straight outside and pick up an MWR wi-fi network. It's not a very comfortable place to sit, but I'll manage.
So, the purpose of this post was to give you the most recent update I have. I called L&D last night to see if they had any induction openings for today. They said that there were two scheduled, so no luck for me. I had already decided this would be our daughter's birthday (sept 12th) but she's given me no sign this morning that its a good day. Haven't even really had pre-labor contractions today. She is one stubborn little bugger. Anyway, I called again this morning to ask about a membrane sweep. (click here for more info) My midwife said she wouldn't do it, but the doctor I spoke to this morning looked at my chart and said there was no reason someone couldn't. I think Lt Commander Hiles just doesn't believe in doing it. She didn't explain, but that was the impression I got. Amy convinced me that I should get it done. It may decrease my chances of needing the pitocin on Monday. So, the doctor told me to come in anytime this afternoon and they would do it. It may kick start labor, so I am hopeful. (Frustrated, but still manage to have some hope left...)She has to be born eventually!!
Well, thats the latest. We'll update as soon as possible after the sweep. I don't expect results to be instantaneous. Somehow I'll try to update on wether it works or not.

3 comments:

  1. I have never heard of this, it does sound pretty safe. I gather they think this is really safer than injection, at least as a first try.

    Sounds like you have found a good use for Tracy besides petting Mocha, and holding a father-to-be from falling on the floor.

    Your day sounds pretty boring,...where is a good Harry Potter book when you need one.

    good luck! funny if the baby comes on the 13th your Uncles birthday. I reminded him he would be a Great Uncle, sure sounds old.

    Love and hugs to you all,
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh... these last days are so full of excitement. I can't wait to get back to Japan and make a trip over to see the new addition (when you're up for a visit).

    I had my membranes swept with Will and it didn't do anything for me, just made me more uncomfortable. Everybody's different so maybe it will help you out. Here's hoping.

    Best of luck. Enjoy the anticipation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And then when we tried calling your room tonight after the sweep and didn't get an answer, we were all excited that it worked. Drat it, you were just outside, playing on your computer! ;-)

    ReplyDelete