Sunday, September 21, 2008

The last few days

I know its been a few days since I posted anything and everyone is dying to hear more news.
Things are going well. Right now we are working on getting her to sleep during the night, but she is still on a day schedule. I am pretty tired, but mostly able to move past it.
Breastfeeding is still a challenge. She can get milk out (there is plenty of it!) but not enough. Even with the nipple guard, which really hurts, she would have to feed for 20-30 minutes on each to get enough. Most of the time we are feeding her with the syringe. Can't do that forever though! I am considering exclusively pumping and feeding her with the bottle. It is a hard decision to make as breastfeeding time is good for bonding and cuddling.
Her dedication at church was today. I was afraid the dress I picked out for her would be too big. It was a little, but not too much. It was very cute. A gal at church took pictures, so I'll post them as soon as I get them.
I am tired and my mind is drawing a blank on what else I wanted to say. As always, if you have any questions, please post them and I'll try to answer.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the info.

    One question
    When are you coming to the states?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I get a passport and free flight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And Grandma says.....Larry when are you going to Japan........when you get a passport and a free flight :)

    Since I helped pick out the dress, I can hardly wait to see Melanie in it.

    Can you contact anyone for more help with the breast feeding? some hints for getting that mouth open wider.

    Nice to hear from you all. I'm going to bed it's one o'clock.

    Love Grandma

    ReplyDelete