Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Update on Yokosuka

We are scheduled to move into the Stork's Nest today, but I decided I didn't want to go until tomorrow. I've talked to someone down there and she assured me that we wouldn't lose the room if we didn't go today. I have too many things to do and am just not ready to go. In fact, while lying in bed last night I nearly freaked out realizing that it would be the last night I'd sleep there in peace. Not that one more night is going to make a lot of difference, but since she is showing no interest in coming anytime soon I'm not gonna rush out of the house. I'd rather be somewhere I'm comfortable.
I'm also still in the process of finishing things up. I got most of upstairs clean, so I just need to pack my bag and work on downstairs. I have a few more meals to make before we leave. So far, I've stocked the freezer with taco rice, macaroni & cheese, cheesy potatoes & kielbasa, and waffles (made this morning) so I don't have to cook much later. Needless to say, I've never seen our freezer so packed full. I still have to make the calzones, lasagna and I was thinking about making a batch of french toast.
Where am I gonna find the energy to do this...? Eh, somewhere.
Anyway, that's the latest update. We will have wireless internet access in the Stork's Nest so I'll continue to update. Dan & Tracy will be here on the 11th (a week from tomorrow!) and I'm really hoping the baby will be here by then. Either way, Danny will have to go to the airport on his own since we won't have a passport for her yet and they won't let us through security without one. I think it would be better that I don't force her to make a long car trip like that just yet.
Does any body want to try to convince her to be born? I've tried everything I'm comfortable with.

3 comments:

  1. If it was me.....I'd come out just for the food in the freezer!!

    Just go about your business and try not to worry, everything will work out fine.

    You are sure better than I am, when I was expecting I never gave a hoot about whether anyone else was going to get food, you have had way to much time to think.

    Good luck, maybe you will know more on Friday.

    No, you will NOT take the baby on a long car ride so soon, besides it would wear both of you out.
    Something tells me you don't have the foggiest idea about how tired you are going to be.

    Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do know that I've never experienced tiredness like I'm going to, which is why I'm planning ahead so I don't have to do much. Honestly, I'm trying not to think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh girl, don't worry about making food for the freezer, that's what WE'RE coming for! If you want french toast, I'll make it for you. You want lasagna, I'll make it for you. That's what we're there for! Send us the directions on how to get to where you are from the airport, and we'll do our best to get there on our own. Believe it or not, we're pretty darn resourceful. Dan's been in just a few foreign countries and lived to tell about it. ;-)

    Seriously, please, please, please, don't feel you have to clean, cook or anything else for our arrival. That would entirely defeat the purpose of us coming, which is to help YOU! k?

    XXOOX

    ReplyDelete